Are you looking to add custom CSS to your WordPress website but can’t figure out where to moreover it plus you are scared to edit theme files which may even break your website’s functionality or design?
Don’t worry we have solution to solve this problem, you can add custom CSS to your WordPress website without editing any theme or core files.
In this article we will share with you two different methods for adding custom CSS and bonus point is along with text based tutorial we will also provide video based tutorial to make it super easy for you to understand.
Both method explained in this article should work on pretty much any WordPress theme.
Custom CSS without any plugins
On latest WordPress versions you can easily add Custom CSS without need of any plugins.
This method was not available in old WordPress versions but now its implemented in newer versions and works perfect.
In case you don’t like video tutorial or wasn’t able to understand we have explained below in textual format
1. Login to wp-admin of your WordPress website with administrative access
2. Go to Appearance->Customize. Refer screenshot below
3. Now click on “Additional CSS”. See attached screenshot
One of the best things about this method is, this method lets you see CSS changes in live preview so you don’t need to go back and forth to website to get it prefect.
Custom CSS Plugin
If your WordPress version doesn’t support above mentioned method or if you want to add CSS via additional plugin.
If you don’t prefer video tutorial. Keep reading we have textual explanation for this as well
- Login to wp-admin again make sure you have administrative access
- Go to Plugins->Add New
- Search for “custom css”
- Hit “install” button and “activate” button.
- Then click on Custom CSS & JS -> Add Custom CSS on left panel
- Here you can place any custom CSS you want.